It’s no secret that as a society we are generally not patient people. We like to get things done as fast and efficiently as possible. Unfortunately buying a home is typically one of those things that requires a lot of patience. Finding the perfect home takes time, writing up an offer that won’t be outbid takes extra time, and doing all that paperwork… the list goes on and on and on. Although I agree that patience is a virtue and something we could all work on, today I’m going to appease our natural instinct and share a few tips on how to buy a home fast so you can settle in that dream home A.S.A.P.
- Find a great real estate team. Finding a great agent that knows the area and market is extremely important. The more they know, the faster the process. Along with a realtor, you want to make sure you find a great mortgage banker and real estate broker (and if they’ve all worked together before, even better). I’m going to let you in on a little secret, I work very closely with a mortgage banker and real estate broker. I have also been in the business for over 15 years and know this area like the back of my hand. *hint, hint, wink, wink* Let’s just say, I think this tip will be an easy one for you to hit out of the park. When you’re ready to buy a home, give me a call! 480-415-5233
- Get pre-approved for a loan. Once you’ve been approved, you become a serious buyer and know how to really start the house hunting process. Click here to get pre-approved!
- Have a wish list for your home. Know what’s a “must-have” and what’s a “must-not-have.” This can cut down on the decision process. If you know what you want and don’t want, you won’t be wasting your time on homes that don’t make the cut. Spending a little extra time beforehand will save you time during the process, and therefore, will help you buy a home fast!
- Schedule your closing deadline earlier than necessary. This way, if something happens and extends the process, you won’t be missing any deadlines. Plan on possible hiccups, that way they won’t throw you off completely if they do happen.
- Another side note: if no “hiccup” happens in the process, you’ll get your home quicker than expected because of the earlier deadline!
- Make your offer contingent on the home inspection, and get an inspector out there as soon as you can. This way you won’t be stuck with a “problem house” or unknown issues. Plan for the unplanned.
Buying a home is a big investment and a big decision and therefore tends to take a lot of time. Although these tips won’t necessarily get you a home in three days, it will definitely speed up the process (only a little patience required). Call me today and I’ll help you buy a home fast. 480-415-5233
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.
If you want to learn about some financing options, or if you’re looking to get pre-qualified, contact Parker Turk at Sun American Mortgage Company: 602-616-3774.