You’ve decided to buy a home, you’ve gone over the finances together and you’ve gotten pre-approved for a loan (click here to do so), now you’re ready to really start the house hunting and home buying process. (Click here to see my previous blog on the preparation process.) What should you keep in mind?
Well first and foremost, remember that I’ll be there through the whole process and will help you, answering any questions. You don’t have to do this alone. But here are a few things to get you started:
- Get out that wish list. Let me know what you’re looking for and what you want in your dream home. Once I know what you’re looking for, I can then find homes that fit those needs and we can go take a look. Knowing a basis of what you want ahead of time can make the process a little easier and quicker as you eliminate the definite no-gos right from the beginning.
- Be honest. As we go around town looking at several homes, don’t be afraid to be honest about what you like and don’t like. Voice those opinions to each other and to me so we can talk about those things. As we talk it through, you can better realize what’s doable and what’s not.
- Make an offer. Part of the buying process is picking one you like and making an offer on it. Decide ahead of time how much you want to offer and any other conditions along with the home. I will then present the offer to the seller’s agent and we’ll move forward with the process.
- Get an inspection. Before you close on the home, you want to make sure a home inspection is done. The home may look perfect, but that doesn’t mean there’s not a foundation issue or some other problem not obvious on the surface. If there are issues, we can get out of the offer or even negotiate it.
- Make the deal or move on to the next one. If all goes well, it’s then time to make the deal and close it. If the deal doesn’t work out, be OK to move on and find the next house. It’s all part of the buying process.
- Move in! When that glorious day comes and you get the keys to your brand new home, take a moment to celebrate! Then move in and start making that life you’ve both been dreaming of! Congratulations on being home owners! (Click here to read my list of tips for moving day.)
Getting your first home together is a big and important step, and one you want to do the right way.
Give me a call, and I can help you guys find your dream home! 480-415-5233
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.
If you want to learn about some financing options, or if you’re looking to get pre-qualified, contact Parker Turk at Sun American Mortgage Company: 602-616-3774.