Did you just move to a new city? Are you planning to do so soon?
Moving to a new city involves more than finding the closest grocery store and getting your kids enrolled in school.
Here’s a list of a few things to do once you move to your new location.
When you get to a new and foreign location, there are some things you’ll need to do first.
- Find the closest grocery store, urgent care and auto shop. Although there are a few other places you’ll want to know the location of, this is a good place to start.
- Go over all your bills. Are your utilities working? Is your internet connected? Are your other bills (e.g. phone bills) moved to the correct address?
- Change your drivers license. If you stayed in the state, you’ll just need to get an address change on your license, which can be done online. But if you moved out of state, you’ll need to get a new license.
- Get in touch with the local schools. If you’re moving in the middle of the school year, make sure you’re kids can start up asap. If you move during the summer, do some research on schools and decide where the kiddos will be starting in the fall. Make sure to register them.
Making new friends is one of the most important parts of moving; otherwise, homesickness can get difficult to deal with.
- Meet your neighbors. Maybe take some homemade cookies to them or walk around the block talking to others who you see outside.
- Join community groups. Whether you decide to be a part of the HOA, a volunteer group or a local church, getting involved is a great way to meet and interact with new people.
- Once you start to make friends, maybe invite people over to your new home for a house-warming party or a fun get-together.
Don’t forget to have fun in your new location! Check out all the things there are to do there! Here are a few places to start.
- Check out local restaurants. Food is a great way to learn about a new place. Find your favorite places to eat. Don’t be afraid to ask around for suggestions as well.
- Go sightseeing. Every city has a story. Go find it. What cool architecture is there to see? Are there any museums?
- Have fun outside. Are there cool hikes or bike rides to take advantage of in your new location? Are there parks to go see?
- Go shopping! Although your wallet might be a little empty after moving, window-shopping can still be fun. Go see what kind of shops are around your city.
Learn all there is to know about your new location!
Are you getting ready to move to Phoenix? We can help you find a home in the PERFECT community!
Call/text us today! 480-415-5233
Check out these homes for sale in the East Valley! Like any of them?
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.
Wanting to move, but can’t decide where? Check out this article for tips on deciding where to move. CLICK HERE
For more tips on what to do in your new location, check out this Trulia article.
If you want to learn about some financing options, or if you’re looking to get pre-qualified, contact Parker Turk at Sun American Mortgage Company: 602-616-3774.